The coming error message, “Error 6190 816 QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the trouble,” when you encounter the QuickBooks Error Code 6190. It is primarily a company file issue that interrupts while opening the data file. As a result, let us have a look at this informative blog to learn what gives rise to the issue. In addition, we have also explained the most effective ways of debugging the problem so that it does not trigger again.
If you face any issue while troubleshooting the QuickBooks company file error 6190, reach out to the team of QuickBooks experts at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
What are the Reasons For Receiving the QuickBooks Error Code 6190?
If you do not know what the reasons behind the issue are, then go through the below-mentioned points-
- One of the major reasons for facing the problem could be that the transaction log file and the network data file have been severely damaged or even corrupted.
- It is also possible that the location of the company file is causing trouble.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6177
Top Ways to Remove the Company File Error Message 6190 in QuickBooks Desktop
Below are some of the debugging methods that we have provided to fix the issue entirely. Check them out-
SOLUTION 1: Make Changes in the Name of the Transaction Log File and Network Data File
- Move to the folder that has stored your QuickBooks company file.
- After you open the folder, look for two files that contain the following file extensions- .TLG and .ND and identical name as your company file.
- Once found, the next step is to right-click on the .ND file and tap on the ‘Rename’ option.
- To rename it, add ‘.OLD’ at the very end of the file name and press the ‘Enter’ key to save the new changes.
- After that, in the same way, you must edit the name of the .TLG file and save the new name.
- Once done, close the window and run your QuickBooks Desktop to open the company file.
SOLUTION 2: Copy the Company File to Save it on the Desktop
- Navigate to the folder in which you have saved your company file.
- In the folder, search for the file that has the .QBW extension.
- After you find the find, copy it by right-clicking on the file.
- Go back to your Windows desktop and on a blank area, right-click to ‘Paste’ the file.
- Next, you must open the No Company Open screen. To do that, keep holding the ‘Ctrl’ key and click twice on the QB icon.
- In the ‘Help’ menu, choose the ‘Open or restore an existing company’ option.
- In the end, open the company file that you just saved on your desktop.
The article end here. We suppose by using the given fixing methods, you must have been able to resolve the QuickBooks error 6190 accurately. However, if the error still appears on your screen, immediately get in touch with one of our certified professionals without any hesitation by dialing Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error PS038