Be it children, elders, or the elderly, it is very important for everyone to be physically active for better health. Most people used to go to the park to exercise or do yoga, but these days everyone is spending their time at home due to Corona. In such a situation, no physical activity is being done. Children are busy with their studies and sports, while elders are stuck with their work and household responsibilities from home. At the same time, the elderly are spending their time watching TV. In such a situation, it seems as if physical activities have stopped completely, but doing so can put your health in danger. Even if you are not able to go to the park, you can do some great yogasanas by giving some time at home. Today we are telling you yogasanas according to your age, which is very easy to do.
Young children should be given such yogasanas so that their physical and mental development is fast. In such a situation, doing a Tree pose can be beneficial. Children improve their height by doing Vrikshasana regularly. Therefore, if you make your child do this asana since childhood, then his height will be correct. Apart from this, Vrikshasana is also a very good yoga for the mental development of children. With this, the children will not have a problem of pain during the holidays when they grow up. By doing this asana daily, the muscles of the arms, legs, and spine of children are strengthened. Children do not have joint pain with the regular practice of Vrikshasana. Not only this, but it also removes the stress and tension of children. To keep the weight under control, make your child do Vrikshasana regularly.
To do this asana, first of all, stand straight on a mat.
- Keep your feet close together. Keep both your hands straight.
- Now connect the heel of the right foot with the upper part of the left thigh.
- Keep the toes down and press the thigh with the sole of the right foot.
- Make a prayer posture with your hands. Slowly move the hands above the head.
- During this, you have to balance your body.
- After staying in this state for some time, you can come back to your normal state.
- You can repeat this 3-5 times.
- If your child has pain or injury in his knees, then do not make him do Vrikshasana in such a situation.
2. Paschimottanasana for Elders:
Actually, elders have to sit in the office all day long. Nowadays most of the people are working from home, but even in this, they have to sit and work for a long time. In such a situation, most people are facing the problem of gas and acidity. People are not able to be so physically active due to sitting and working, in such a situation, diseases related to stomachs surround them. These include gas, indigestion with acidity, and constipation. Not only this, the muscles and spinal cord can also be damaged due to sitting all day. In such a situation, if you are also doing the work of sitting, then you must definitely include yoga asanas in your lifestyle. With this, you can get rid of all these problems. By doing Paschimottanasana Yogasan regularly, stress is removed. Learn how to do it-
- To do this yoga asana, first of all, lay a mat on the ground.
- Sit comfortably on it. Keep both your feet in front.
- While inhaling, raise both your hands up.
- Now while exhaling try to bend forward slowly.
- Try to hold the toes of both feet with both your hands.
- Touch your nose with your knee.
- Breathe in and out slowly in this state.
- Come back to normal position after a few seconds.
- You can repeat this yoga asana 3-5 times.
If you want to explore and learn more about yoga poses, you can join a Yoga Teacher Training in Goa.
Light exercise for the elderly:
Most of the elderly have joint diseases. Also, they are not physically fit enough to perform difficult yoga postures. In such a situation, it is best for the elderly to do subtle exercises. Everyone can do this sitting very easily. Micro-exercise stretches the muscles of the hands and feet, making them stronger. Along with this, there is also a good stretch in the body. The subtle exercises can be done in these ways.
To do this, sit on a mat in a comfortable position.
- Extend both your legs in front. Now try to press the fingers and toes of both feet slowly forward. Then bring it back. You can repeat this 5-8 times.
- You can also do butterfly posture in subtle exercises. For this, bend both your feet at the knees and join the soles together. Interlock the fingers of your hands and clasp the toes. Now slowly move your knees up and down. You can do this 8-10 times.
- Subtle exercises for the hands can also be done. Keep both your hands in front. Slowly bend and straighten all your fingers. This will strengthen the muscles of the fingers.
People of all ages can do Pranayama
People of all ages must do Pranayama. The process of inhaling and exhaling slowly is called pranayama, you can do it with your whole family. Kids, big and big can do it all. In Pranayama, you can do Bhastrika, Kapalbhati, Anulom-Vilom etc.