Best Methods to Convert OST to PST File in Simple Steps
OST files are copies of Exchange mailboxes saved locally on the system. You might still access mails using the copy OST file in the Outlook application offline mode when Exchange Server is down. OST files are saved on the computer where the Exchange Server is set up. So you can’t open OST files on a computer where the Exchange Server is not set up, and that is only possible if we convert the OST file into PST file format.
There are several reasons why you might need to do convert OST to a PST file. Maybe you’re switching from one email client to another, and you need to migrate your data. Or perhaps you’re trying to back up your data in case of a catastrophic data loss.
Several Reasons Behind to Convert OST to PST File
OST files contain unsaved user mailbox data. They are therefore beneficial in cases such as:
- Some user mailboxes are removed from the Exchange server.
- Do you want to back up a couple of Exchange mailboxes (before the deletion of mailboxes)
- An Exchange user wishes to repair his damaged OST file. However, there isn’t any saved information stored within the OST file.
- Maybe Exchange corruption or server crash. However, users would like their email addresses urgently.
Whatever the motive, the technique is simple and easy. You’ll need to use a specialized OST to PST converter to do the job. Once you’ve converted the OST to PST, you’ll be able to open it in Microsoft Outlook or any other compatible email client.
Best Solution to convert OST File into PST File
Use the automated software Sysinfo Tools OST to PST Converter convert OST files into PST, EML, MSG, Office 365, and Exchange.
- There are various methods of converting an OST file to PST if you access Outlook using exactly the exact Exchange profile.
Method 1. Export your mailbox as PST file
Log in to Outlook using the Exchange account utilized to make those OST files. To convert your OST mailboxes into PST follow the straightforward procedure described here:
- Click Files > Open & Export and then click Import and export.
- Choose export to a File; after that, click next.
- Choose the second option, Outlook Database File (.pst)–and then click next.
- Choose the folder(s) that you wish to export, and then Click the next button.
Note: You have the option of adding subfolders, too.
5. Browse to the location you wish to save the latest PST document.
6. Select an option to delete identical things.
Note: There is an option to create a password for your PST file, however it is possible to move on without selecting it.
Method 2. You can use ‘Archiving’ in order for saving OST emails in PST
If you enable using the Auto Archive method in Outlook it will allow you to save the contents of the OST file as separate PST file. This can help make your mailbox size small. If there are a lot of old messages and you don’t want them in your mailbox, you can place them in the archive folder without difficulty. This will decrease the size of your mailbox. Follow these steps to enable automatic archiving within Outlook.
- Start Outlook. Launch the Outlook application, navigate to File and then select the Options.
- Navigate to Advanced and then click the Auto Archive Setting.
- Select the time period in which you would like to perform auto-archiving. Select the folder where you want to save the archived fileto; add the options for archiving and then press “OK”. With this, the mailbox items in your OST files will get saved into your PST file according to the settings for archiving.
Keep in mind that converting an OST to PST will result in a loss of any data that isn’t synchronized with the server. So if you’ve made any changes to your email data that haven’t been synchronized, you’ll need to export them separately. Otherwise, you’ll be able to access all of your email data after the conversion is complete.
Professional Method to Convert OST to PST
Sysinfo Tools designed an OST PST Conversion is an expert tool that can easily convert 25 items from each OST folder into PST. Its benefit is that it is able to transform offline OST files to PST without having an Exchange profile or Exchange Server connection. It comes with a user-friendly interface that allows users to choose OST file(s) as well as retrieve items, including deleted files, then convert the files to PST format. It can also convert several OST file types to PST at once.
The blog has suggested and discussed various methods of converting OST files into PST files, such as saving OST files and Exporting OST documents to PST by using the Import/Export function within Outlook and a speedy efficient, reliable, automated conversion using an expert OST Tool for conversion. This is applicable in various methods if the server crashes or is inaccessible, and this tool can access OST information very quickly.