Do not get triggered by the warning message, “We are having difficulties verifying your account status. Error=UEXP”. QuickBooks error UEXP is one of the errors that fall into the category of payroll update error. In addition, it can also arise when you attempt to activate a retail payroll subscription in QB. You can effortlessly debug the error for both circumstances using the same solution. Refer to this blog as it contains all the requisite info related to the error UEXP in QB.
To get help regarding the payroll update error UEXP in QuickBooks, reach out to one of our experienced QuickBooks experts via Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Why do you Incur the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message UEXP?
You receive this error if you have an active subscription to the payroll service in QuickBooks. Check out the following enlisted reasons to understand the exact cause of the problem-
- As discussed above, if you have an active subscription to payroll but have not activated the payroll tax table, you might face a problem.
- Another common yet crucial reason can be not updating your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
If you want to know how to get rid of the problem instantaneously, proceed to the next part of the blog.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 213
What are Different Ways to Eliminate the Payroll Update Error UEXP in QuickBooks?
If you find it challenging to get an appropriate troubleshooting method for the UEXP error, make sure to go through the solutions we have mentioned here. These two processes of resolving the issue will surely help-
SOLUTION 1: Generate a Duplicate Copy of Company File
- Run your QuickBooks Desktop and select the ‘File’ tab.
- Under the file menu, choose the ‘Switch to Single-user Mode’ option.
- Hit the ‘File’ menu again and go to ‘Back up Company’, and click on the ‘Create Local Backup’ option.
- Now, tap ‘Local Backup’ and ‘Next’.
- After that, choose the ‘Browse’ option to pick a location to save your data file.
- At last, hit ‘OK’, ‘Save it now’ and then ‘Next’.
SOLUTION 2: Download and Update the Latest Available Updates of Your QuickBooks Desktop
- If using the QuickBooks Desktop, close it and move to the ‘Start’ button of Windows.
- Locate QuickBooks and choose the ‘Run as administrator’ option by right-clicking on it.
- Go to the No Company Open screen and select the ‘Help’ tab.
- After that, tap ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Hit the ‘Options’ tab and choose ‘Mark All’.
- Now, click ‘Save’ to save the new changes.
- Jump to the ‘Update Now’ tab to checkmark ‘Reset Update’.
- Click on ‘Get Updates’ option to download the latest updates.
- Once the download gets completed, exit and run QuickBooks again to install the downloaded updates.
After going through this article based on QuickBooks Error UEXP, we hope you must have resolved the issue altogether, and now you are free of any errors. In case the problem pops up again due to some glitch, feel free to speak to our technical assistance team at Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
You can read our other blogs on blogslite.com