This feature is great for people who have a large number of friends on social networks but wish to remove themselves from posts due to various reasons.
Facebook and Instagram share similar features. One of them is tagging, which lets you include your Facebook friends in your post. In the same way, it lets your friends tag you on their Instagram feeds, stories as well as posts. There are a lot of people on Instagram who love sharing pictures and videos together on a regular basis. It’s not uncommon for your Instagram username to be associated with images, videos, and media content of others.
In most cases, you think that your username is being linked to certain articles that do not align with the ethical code or contain content so insensitive that you choose not to take action on the content. If, for instance, your friend has been writing extensively about any cause that’s producing some controversy and is causing anger to people and you don’t want to participate in the material. It is not your intention to support the person to post the content that has hurt the sentiments of any community or group.
How can you remove yourself from Instagram?
If you already use Facebook, you may know how easy you can to remove yourself from a specific post on Facebook. You don’t need to email your friend and ask for them to remove your user name from the post since you can remove your user name from the post in a matter of seconds.
Also, untagging your Instagram username will take no more than three minutes on Instagram too. These are some important steps you must be following:
- You must first sign to your Instagram account using your mobile phone or the device you normally use to access the application.
- The next step is to go through the posts which you’ve been assigned by your friend, relative, or family member
- Alternately, you can browse all of the pictures as well as photos that you’ve been assigned by clicking on “Photo of you”.
- When you’ve located the blog posts that are tagged, simply click on the post.
- There are a variety of options, including “show in your profile”, “Remove tag”, and “Learn more”. It is necessary to click on the Remove tag to remove it, naturally.
- At the end of the day, the user will have to verify the choices. If you’re certain about the decision and will delete your username from tags, click “Yes, I’m sure” Your username will be deleted from Instagram.
- You can try to open the post again, and it will be shown that you’re no longer being tagged in the posts and deleted.