Are you stuck with the following error message, “QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer,” and cannot find a way out to deal with it? Well, before that, you must try to understand what QuickBooks Database Server Manager is and why it stops responding. The sole purpose of the QBDBSM service is to ensure that the company file is running in multi-user mode correctly. However, when it does not work, several users on the same network lose access to the data file together. As a result, it is essential to remove the glitch as soon as possible. Thus, we have curated this informative article for you that will answer all the relevant questions about the issue and provide some effective solutions. Read it till the end to acquire a better understanding.
Confused about how to make the QBDBSM rerun on your desktop? Then give us a call at Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 and have immediate consultation with the team of pro advisors regarding the issue.
Why is QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service Not Functioning On Your System?
As there are a lot of factors that affect the issue, we will discuss the most usual ones here so that you do not face any problems while fixing it and apply the relevant troubleshooting method. Go through each point precisely-
- There is a major possibility that the QuickBooks Desktop installed on your device might have been severely damaged.
- Another reason for receiving the problem can be due to the outdated Windows firewall.
- Sometimes, the incomplete or the corrupt installation of your QuickBooks application might also give rise to such an error.
- If you have not updated your Windows operating system, the chances of incurring the issue increase.
Move on to the next section of the article and gather info on how to get rid of the given problem.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6155
Top Methods to Follow if the QBDBMgrN Service is Not Running
Let us now take a look at some of the ways through which you can eliminate this error successfully without incurring any further hindrance. Also, ensure to perform all the steps correctly-
SOLUTION 1: Fix the Damaged QuickBooks Desktop Application
- First of all, type in ‘Appwiz.cpl’ after opening the Run command. Hit the ‘Ctrl + R’ keys to access the Run dialog box.
- Click on the ‘OK’ button, and then from the list of applications, look for the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, tap on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option after selecting QuickBooks.
- Opt for the ‘Continue’ button and then ‘Next’.
- To fix the program, choose the ‘Repair’ option and again hit the ‘Next’ button.
- Once all the problems gets resolved, click on the ‘Finish’ button.
- In the last step, you must reboot your computer device.
SOLUTION 2: Perform the Update Installation Process of Windows Firewall
- On your Windows desktop, tap on the ‘Start’ button and then move to the Control Panel.
- In the following window, you are required to hit the ‘System and Security’ option.
- After that, opt for ‘Windows Firewall’.
- Further, shift to the ‘Update your Firewall Settings’ section, and then you must choose the ‘Check for Updates’ button.
- If there are any new updates available, they will appear on the screen.
- To get the released updates, tap on the ‘Update Now’ button and then ‘Use Recommended Settings’.
- Finally, relaunch the computer and then open the QuickBooks application.
SOLUTION 3: Make Use of the Clean Install Method for Re-Installing QuickBooks
- The process requires you to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop from your desktop.
- Access the Control Panel window and then tap on the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Alternatively, you can also opt for the ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- Next, you are required to choose the QuickBooks Desktop from the list that appears on the screen.
- To proceed further, you must tap on the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option, ‘Remove’, and then ‘Next’.
- Now that your QuickBooks Desktop has been removed completely, it’s time to install it again.
- Open the internet browser and then visit Intuit’s official website.
- Look for the version of QuickBooks you had before.
- Once found, download the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file and then save it to an appropriate location.
- Further, start installing the downloaded file. For that, you must move ahead with the steps mentioned on the screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions as well.
- After that, press the ‘Next’ button and then provide the required QuickBooks info.
- In the following step, choose any one install type for your QB- ‘Express’ or ‘Custom and Network’.
- Complete the installation by hitting the ‘Install’ button and then launching QuickBooks.
- In the end, activate your QB account.
SOLUTION 4: Attempt to Restart the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service
- In the beginning, on your keyboard, press the ‘Ctrl + R’ keys to go to the ‘Run’ command box.
- Now, you are required to type ‘Services.msc’ and then hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Next, from the list, find the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service. The service will be represented as ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ in which XX signifies the version of your installed QuickBooks Desktop.
- After you find the QBDBSM service, right-click on it and tap on the ‘Restart’ option.
- Run the QuickBooks Desktop to verify whether the glitch has been resolved or not.
Now, we would like to end this blog here. We hope this whole content has helped you by providing some valuable info on how to eliminate the ‘QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer’ error. All these mentioned troubleshooting methods had been tried and tested by our team of experts, and moreover, our QuickBooks users who faced a similar problem before have also stated that these steps have been effective for them in fixing the issue. Although you must be able to get through it instantly after performing these methods, in rare cases, the issue might keep on coming up due to other minor faults. So, we highly recommend you reach out to us for proper guidance by dialing our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784 in such a circumstance. One of our professionals will stay in touch with you till you completely resolve it.
You may read also : QuickBooks Freezes When Opening