The QuickBooks error PS038 is mainly concerned with the payroll update error. You must be aware of the QuickBooks software’s payroll service if you have an active subscription to it. As there can be a lot of reasons for receiving the problem, after reading this blog, you will gain an in-depth insight into the most obvious reasons behind the error. Not only that, we have also described the top two solutions that you can apply for eliminating the problem permanently. Go ahead and keep reading till the end.
If you have any questions related to the QuickBooks payroll update error PS038, immediately speak to one of our professionals to clarify them at 1.855.738.2891.
What Triggers the Payroll Update Error Message PS038 in QuickBooks?
Cannot understand the real cause of the error PS038 in QB? Read out the listed points below-
- One of the most common reasons for incurring the problem is that you have not updated your version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Some issues with the QuickBooks paychecks can also be a reason.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 12002
What are the Ways to Overcome the QuickBooks Desktop Error Code PS038?
Do not forget to check out the fixing methods that we have provided below if you are looking for efficient solutions to the issue-
SOLUTION 1: Send Payroll Data After Updating Your QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, you need to exit the QB program before beginning the update process.
- From the Windows ‘Start’ section, search for QuickBooks and right-click on its icon.
- Hit the ‘Run as Administration’ option and after that, keep holding the ‘Ctrl’ key and double-click on the QB icon to access the No Company Open screen.
- In the following window, under the ‘Help’ menu, you must tap ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Next, shift to the ‘Options’ tab and choose ‘Mark All’.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button and move on to the ‘Update Now’ tab.
- Checkmark ‘Reset Update’ and then download the new updates by hitting ‘Get Updates’.
- Quit the application and re-launch it to install the updates you downloaded.
- Now, reboot your system and start QB.
- Move to the ‘Employees’ menu and choose ‘Send Payroll Data’.
SOLUTION 2: Check For the Stuck Paychecks
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and tap on the ‘Edit’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Find’ option and shift to the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Move to the ‘Choose Filter’ field and from the ‘Filter’ list, click ‘Detail Level’.
- After that, tap ‘Summary Only’ and go back to the ‘Choose Filter’ field.
- From the ‘Filter’ list, hit ‘Online Status’.
- Go to the drop-down menu and tap ‘Online to Send’.
- By hitting the ‘Find’ option, you will be able to verify the paychecks not sent to Intuit.
- In the end, use ‘Verify Data’ to view the stuck paychecks.
As this article on QuickBooks error PS038 provides all the required details about the technical glitch, we suppose the entire concept about it is clear to you by now. If you need any further help, consult our experts team via 1.855.738.2891.
Recommended to read : Easy Hacks to OverCome Quick QuickBooks Error UEXP