Being one of the most favorable applications for managing finances, QuickBooks provides its customers with a plethora of services that eventually make their daily accounting tasks easy. However, sometimes, QuickBooks freezes when opening due to some unexpected technical glitches. At that time, you neither have access to the software nor any of its components. Such a problem can result in various problems that hamper the entire organization financially. As a result, we have curated this blog to help you understand the reasons as well as two effective solutions to tackle it.
To clear out your questions when your QuickBooks Desktop gets hanged, speak to one of the technical experts through our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891.
Top Reasons to Encounter the Frozen QuickBooks Error
If you are wondering what could be the reasons behind the issue, then have a look at the following enlisted points-
- There might be some issues while installing the QuickBooks application, like incomplete installation, because of which you incur the glitch.
- One of the other reasons for encountering the problem can also be the damaged QBWUSER.ini file.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 184
Which Methods to Follow When the QuickBooks Desktop Gets Frozen?
Are you struggling to look for some suitable troubleshooting methods to eliminate the issue? If yes, you must go through the solutions we have explained further in this part of the blog-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of the QB Install Diagnostic Tool From the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- After closing the QB software, download the recent version of the QB Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website.
- After downloading the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file, save it to an appropriate location where it is quickly accessible.
- Now, in the next step, you must start installing the program.
- Run the downloaded file and then move forward according to the steps prompted on the screen.
- End the installation process by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Next, run the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the ‘Program Problems’ menu.
- Under the menu, tap ‘QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool’.
- As soon as the tool fixes the error, reboot your computer device and restart your QuickBooks.
SOLUTION 2: Modify the Name of the QBWUSER.ini File
- At first, move to the folder where you have stored the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Once you locate it, rename it.
- Right-click on the file and hit the ‘Rename’ option.
- At the end of the file name, add ‘.OLD’ to create its new name.
- It must look like ‘QBWUSER.ini.old’.
- After that, hit the ‘Enter’ button to save the new changes.
- Similarly, make changes in the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file name.
- In the end, exit the current window and launch the QuickBooks Desktop.
Thus, if your QuickBooks freezes when opening, we hope with the help of the information provided here, you will be able to fix the issue appropriately. In case you face issues while troubleshooting, do not hesitate to get in touch with the team of certified QuickBooks experts at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891. Our professionals will guide you till you overcome the problem completely.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 12031