QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is an error encounter by QuickBooks users. This error shows up when the network has been set up wrong. You can try some subtle solutions, which we’ll discuss in this blog. Resolving issues with some crucial files can help solve this error. Follow all the steps in-depth to understand this error truly. This blog will discuss the causes and solutions for error 6144.
If you face any doubt following any of the steps mentioned in the blog, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.855.738.2891
Reasons For Error Code 6144
There are several answers for this error to show up. First, many background operations make accessing a company file in QuickBooks smooth. Any harm to these backup functions can trigger this error. Some of the reasons are given below:
- Moving the company file to a different folder.
- Company filename exceeding 65 characters.
- Connectivity issues and file corruption can also make error 6144 act up.
- Damage to.ND Network Data and TLG Transaction Log file is the primary reason for this error to show up.
These are some of the causes of this error, but the primary reason is damage to QuickBooks installation files, ND Network Data.
Solutions For QuickBooks Company File Error 6144
There are multiple solutions we can try since the causes involved are numerous. So it’s best to target a solution as per the cause. There’s no best answer. Some of the troubleshooting methods are given below:
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Step 1: Rename The .ND and .TLG Files
It’s the most obvious solution you can try since it’s the most obvious cause. Sorting the installation files can help resolve this error. Follow the steps given below:
- These files are renamed in the QuickBooks Installation Folder. The first step, however, is to open QuickBooks.
- Open the Product Information Window by pressing F2.
- In the File Information section, note down the company’s location.
- Use Windows File Explorer to move to your company file folder.
- Locate the files with the mentioned extensions of TLG and ND.
- Now add .Old extension at the end of each file.
- You can make some changes if you can’t find these files, look for the changes as per your Windows version.
- Open QuickBooks and try to sign in again to your company file.
If you are still facing any issues, move to the following troubleshooting method given below.
Step 2: Rename The Company File
This is done to keep the file name under 65 characters and not include any special characters in the filename. Implement the steps given below:
- Go to the QuickBooks company file folder using Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on the company file with the .QBW extension and choose rename.
- Do the required changes and open the company file one more time.
This blog covered the solutions and causes for the QuickBooks error 6144 82. Another method you can attempt is to move the company file back to the original folder of QuickBooks. Follow all the steps carefully, and this error will get resolved in no time.If you still encounter any problems, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.855.738.2891.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6069