Being present in the market for many decades, QuickBooks Desktop has brought a whole new revolution when it comes to managing everyday business activities. Companies from all over the world use QuickBooks Desktop because of its qualities like high accuracy, reliability, and efficiency. Nevertheless, no matter how good QuickBooks Desktop is, it can’t be considered impeccable owing to its vulnerability to technical issues and errors. Through this post, we will explain QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error, which a user can face while accessing the company file (located at the server) on the workstation. Several reasons can trigger QuickBooks multi-user mode errors, which you will learn below, alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
Finding help to remove QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error instantly? If yes, feel free to get in contact with our QuickBooks experts at +1-855-856-0042.
What leads to QuickBooks multi-user mode errors?
QuickBooks multi-user mode errors often occur when any workstation is set as the server to host the company file on the multi-user network. Numerous other reasons can also lead to it, like:
1. The Firewall’s security settings are not letting QuickBooks Desktop connect to the network.
You may also want to read: QuickBooks won’t open
What to do to troubleshoot QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error?
Solution 1- Make corrections to the QuickBooks multi-user hosting configuration
1. Launch QuickBooks Desktop on one of your workstations.
2. Navigate to the File menu (don’t try to open the company file).
3. Pick Utilities from the drop-down list of options.
4. Spot the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option and click on it.
5. If there you find Host Multi-User Access as an option, neglect it.
6. Carry on in accordance with the above directives on all other workstations.
7. Launch QuickBooks Desktop on your server computer.
8. Unfold the File menu given at the top bar.
9. Choose Utilities from the drop-down list of options.
10. Spot the Host Multi-User Access option and click on it.
11. If there you find Stop Hosting Multi-User Access as an option, neglect it.
Solution 2- Set up the Firewall’s security settings for your QuickBooks Desktop
1. From the taskbar’s left end, choose the Windows icon.
2. Type “Windows Firewall” into the search and hit Enter on your keyboard.
3. Pick Advanced Settings given at the left bar.
4. Locate the Inbound Rules option and click right on it.
5. In the given options, pick New Rule.
6. Pick Port from the given options and then click Next.
7. Make certain that the TCP option is check-marked.
8. For the Specific local ports, type in the particular port digits as per your QuickBooks year version.
9. Thenceforth, choose the Next option,
10. Pick Allow the Connection from the options and then choose Next.
11. If required, make certain all profiles are selected. Choose Next.
12. Make a new rule and title it like “QuickBooksPorts(year).”
13. Select the Finish button.
14. Make outbound rules like you created inbound rules just above.
If you can’t rectify the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error with the help of the above troubleshooting ways, then you should ask for additional assistance fixing it by getting in contact with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.