QuickBooks Scan Manager is one of the most important features that allow users to attach files to their sales receipts, invoices, bills, and other transactions in the QuickBooks accounting program. One of the best parts about this feature is that it helps in automatically generating the balance sheet updates, packaging slips, and some other business-related documents. In addition to this, you can also import and classify transactions in QB Desktop with the help of QuickBooks Scan Manager. But, at times, users might get stuck with the “QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected” issue due to improper setup of the scan manager. As a result, you won’t be able to use this feature and it hampers the ongoing work. Continue reading this blog till the end to get the best possible ways to figure out the issue at the earliest.
Are you facing issues while using the QB Scan Manger and need immediate due to QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected? If yes, then feel free to contact our experts by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working
Knowing the root causes behind the QuickBooks Scan Manager Not Working issue will help you deal with the problem quickly. We have compiled a list of reasons that may lead to this issue; check them out:
- It might take place when the User Account Control settings obstruct QBDT from performing any action.
- Sometimes, it may occur when there are some issues with the wireless connection of the scanner.
- If some QuickBooks-related files have been deleted accidentally, may also be responsible.
If You Know About QuickBooks Windows 8 PDF Not Working
What should you do if QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected?
After knowing the probable causes behind the QuickBooks scan manager could not be selected, you must look ahead towards the solutions for fixing it. Well, to help you out, we have discussed some of the best possible ways to figure out the problem with ease.
Solution 1: Change the User Account Settings In Windows:-
- To commence with, select the Windows menu and then open the Control Panel on your device.
- By doing so, it will open the Control Panel window. From there, tap on the User Account > Change User Account Control Settings.
- Afterwards, select Yes when you see the User account control and then toggle the slider to Never Notify.
- Later on, tap on the OK button to switch it off and reboot your system.
Solution 2: Use the Windows Repair Utility to Repair QuickBooks
There could be a problem with the QB software or the scan manager’s installation files, due to which you end up with the QuickBooks scan manager not working error. Using Windows Repair Utility, you can get rid of it. Before you go any further, ensure you have a backup of your company’s file.
- Initially, launch the Control Panel and tap on the Program and Features.
- Doing so will open a list of programs and from there, choose the Uninstall a Program option followed by the QuickBooks option.
- Move to the Uninstall / Change > Continue or Next.
- Further, click on the Repair option and then Next.
- Once you have completed repairing, tap on the Finish option.
- Finally, reboot your computer and then install any latest updates available.
Wrapping It Up!!
So, here we have arrived at the end of our blog and hope that the solutions listed above help you in fixing the QuickBooks Scan Manager Could Not Be Selected. If the issue continues, clean install QB and set up the QB Scan Manager again. For any additional help, connect with our professionals by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
Also Read: Setup QuickBooks Payroll Direct Deposit