Updating any application as soon as the updates are available is not only a good practice that helps you avail of the latest features but also ensures smooth and uninterrupted operations. The same goes with QuickBooks, and users can easily update it with the a few single clicks. Unfortunately, QuickBooks Desktop is prone to several errors, and update errors are not uncommon. One such the as of QuickBooks update error is error 15101 that throws one of these error messages “Error 15101: The update program is damaged” when updating QuickBooks Desktop” or “Error 15101: The update program couldn’t be opened.” If you are also facing QuickBooks error 15101, follow this writing until the end and learn the top answers that can help you rectify the issue in the least time possible.
If errors in QuickBooks are causing a delay in your daily business operations and you need immediate help resolving them, dial 1.855.738.2891 and get in touch with one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now
List of Reasons that can Trigger QuickBooks Update Error 15101
Here is a list of every possible reason due to which you are getting error 15101 while installing the latest updates of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- If you are trying to install the updates using an account that does not have admin rights.
- The antivirus application you are using is preventing the installation of the latest QuickBooks updates.
- Windows User Account Control settings can also interrupt the QuickBooks update process.
- An error that occurs during the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop application can also prevent QuickBooks from getting the latest updates.
Quick Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 15101
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 1625
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks with Administrative Rights
- The first option is to restart Windows and log in with an admin account to install the updates.
- Another way is to right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
- When prompted, enter the login credentials of the admin account.
- Try to update QuickBooks now and check if the operation is successful.
Solution 2: Temporarily Disable your Antivirus
- Click the small arrow key in the lower right corner of your screen.
- Right-click the antivirus icon and select the option that will help you temporarily disable it.
- Run QuickBooks and check if you can update it now.
Solution 3: Change Windows User Account Control Settings
- Click the Windows Start button and search UAC from the search bar.
- Click the Change User Account Control Settings option and move the slider to Never Notify.
- Save the changes and try to install the QuickBooks updates once again.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download, install and run QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the Program Installation issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Let the tool run and fix issues that are causing the error to appear.
- Try to install the updates once again and check if the error is resolved.
If the QuickBooks error 15101 reappears even after performing all the solutions mentioned above, dial 1.855.738.2891and get in touch with a certified QuickBooks Desktop expert now.