What is social media marketing?
Sharing content for marketing and branding purposes on social media platforms is called social media marketing or SMM. Marketing can be done by creating an audience by posting text, video, and pictures on social media. There are paid advertising options to get more access to social media.
Social Media Marketing (SMM). Writing social media marketing over and over again in our writing will not look beautiful. So we will use SMM as required. I hope the reader will understand.
Marketing Widget is a digital marketing agency that provides social media marketing support to their client. Their SMM methods are one of the best in Bangladesh, though they provide their services worldwide. One of the custom T-shirt brands called Modern Tee is also reviewed best for the SMM services.
Why is Social Media Marketing Popular?
Social media marketing or SMM is an important part of digital marketing. Before we get into social media marketing we need to know what social media is. Social media is – some websites or applications that allow users to get involved with their friends and social networking.
About 51% of the world’s population is active on social media. Research shows that 3.96 billion people are involved in social media. On average, people around the world spend 144 minutes a day on social media. Excluding children under the age of 13, statistics show that 85% of the world’s population uses social media.
However, the Philippines is ahead in terms of social media users. In their country, people spend an average of three hours and 53 minutes on social media. The United States is not far behind in the list. Americans spend an average of 2 hours and 3 minutes a day, and an average of more than 1 million people connect on social media every day.
There is no way to understand from these data how popular these media are. A huge number of people are spending their precious time on social media every day. This is a very interesting thing to think about from the point of view of a marketer. Having a large amount means that it can be easily reached by a large number of people. So tell me, why social media marketing will not be popular.
Some of the most popular social media in terms of marketing
At this stage, we will discuss some of the potential social media in terms of marketing Or we will learn about SMM.
When you think of social media platforms, the first name that comes to mind is Facebook. According to the Sprout Social Index, Facebook is now the most used social media platform in the world in terms of marketers and consumers. I have attached some important keynotes here-
- 69% of marketers in the world use Facebook for marketing.
- 83% of consumers use this platform.
- 8% of users follow their favorite brand on Facebook.
- On average, 2.5 million people are active on Facebook every month.
- Nowadays live marketing has become the most popular. The biggest boom has been on Facebook. About 42% of marketers prepare content for their live programs, mainly on Facebook Live.
- On average, each brand shares 0.98 shares of their product on Facebook. Marketers advertise more than 6 posts a week. The engagement rate, that is, the number of people reacting to the post is about 0.09 percent.
By looking at all these data we will get an idea about the scope of the market. What is the percentage of time people spend on a social platform and what is the engagement rate? A marketer needs to have an idea about this.
Instagram is a social platform that has gained popularity in a very short time. It is best known for its dynamics. This community is quite adept at adding new features. They have become popular among the users in a very short time as they come up with fun features for the users in a very short time. And the more users there are, the more acceptable this platform will be from a marketing standpoint. It is such a growing social media platform. This Instagram is on the list of 2nd choice of marketers.
- The average number of active users per month on Instagram is now over 1 billion. Which was close to 600 million in 2016. Its popularity has increased tremendously in the last 3 years.
- Most of the users of this platform follow their favorite brand on Instagram. According to statistics, about 90% of the number of IDs a user follows, follow the brand of their choice. From that point of view, the popularity of Instagram is skyrocketing in terms of marketing.
- It is one of the most popular influencers for marketing. 69% of influencer marketers think Instagram is the most suitable platform. Inshallah, I will keep Influencer Marketing as the topic of our discussion in our next post.
- 8% of people think Instagram is an effective way to boost content
- Post and 63 percent of people think that Instagram story is more effective for influencing marketing.
- In 2019 alone, Instagram’s followers have increased by 9-18%. This means that a large number of people are regularly connected to this platform.
- About 500 million people check the story on Instagram daily.
- According to statistics, In 2016, 23 billion dollars was spent on Instagram marketing. A year later, it stood at 26 billion. In 2020, it has reached 34 billion dollars. Huge sums of money are being spent on the marketing behind this Instagram.
The statistics of video marketing are more effective on this platform. Statistics say that the rate of video engagement is 49 percent higher than the picture post.
Instagram is a very popular platform for those who do digital marketing or those who want to do social media marketing.
Twitter has so far been able to hold a huge elite class as always. The world’s most important personalities all use Twitter as social media. Despite the limitations of posting on Twitter, there is no shortage of subscribers. Oberlo estimates that there are 330 million monthly active users on Twitter. And a population of 145 million is active every day. And most people who use Twitter are elderly. Whose age is like 35-65 years. Their number is 63 percent of the total users.
- Eighty-nine percent of people hit Twitter at least once to enjoy the ‘What’s new’ feature. With this feature, the issues discussed all over the world can be easily extracted.
- 330 million people open Twitter at least once a month.
- 26% of people feel more comfortable seeing ads on Twitter.
- Each brand posts an average of 0.8. They regularly post more than 5 posts a week.
- Post Engagement Rate 0.046%.
- Twitter’s revenue grows at an average of 9% per year. In the third quarter of 2019 alone, its revenue increased to 624 million.
Twitter’s revenue is growing by 24 percent in the United States alone, and by 12 percent worldwide.
At present Pinterest is in the best position in terms of marketing. Most of their customers are buying intentions, meaning most users use Pinterest for purchasing a product. For the convenience of the reader, we are adding a little more. Buying intention is when someone searches the internet to buy a product, it is buying intention. For example, most people search on Pinterest – for home decor-related products, unique recipes, gifts, and die crafts. These are mostly buying intent searches. Let’s find out some amazing facts about Pinterest.
- Pinterest has an average of about 300 million active users per month.
- On average, these active users pin more than 200 billion posts. Which is a lot more than all the other digital platforms.
- 7% of people find new brands and products every week after pinning. That’s why Pinterest can retain the maximum number of regular users.
- 98% of report makers use Pinterest to find something new.
- Each year, On average, 30% of users start using Pinterest. Which has made this community stronger day by day. Its revenue in the second quarter of 2019 stood at about 261 million.
The popularity of Pinterest is growing day by day in the field of digital marketing. This flat form is being able to create a large audience day by day. Most current clients want to post their products on Pinterest.
LinkedIn is a completely different religious social media. Bitcoin marketers, employers, and job seekers or many professionals mostly use this platform. So this social platform has good enough importance in terms of marketing. Let’s find out some more information-
- LinkedIn has 60 million registered users and 303 million monthly active users.
- 90 million users are senior-level influencers and 83 million are decision-making users.
- LinkedIn is the best website for lead generation. LinkedIn’s lead is 26 percent more effective than Facebook’s.
- 45% of marketers get their customers through this LinkedIn platform.
- 75% of Bitcoin companies run paid ads on LinkedIn to target customers.
- 95% of Bitcoin content marketers use LinkedIn for organic content marketing.
- In 2016, the company’s revenue was 5.2 billion. One year later, it stood at 7.6 billion.
Marketing is done using all these social media. Because these are the major social media platforms. SMM is one of the best ways to find success in your business. I am ending today’s post here. We hope you find this content useful. For better or worse, don’t forget to comment. Stay well, stay healthy.