A. Why should you consider replacement as an option?
The cost to install new duct work can be expensive and it is not always necessary. If your home has old, disconnected or missing ductwork; if you notice rust or corrosion on the metal components; or if your ducts are clogged with debris and restricting airflow, then replacement may be a good option for you.
In all cases though, the benefits of air duct replacement outweigh not doing it.
If there isn’t much wrong with your existing system like broken parts, leaks that do not affect cooling/heating performance and sufficient insulation around the ducts that do not leak then don’t replace it unless it becomes too costly to maintain. In such cases retention of beneficial features(airflow) outweigh the costs associated with(insulation).
B. What are the benefits?
By installing new, energy efficient heating and cooling systems you will save money on utility bills as well as increase your home’s efficiency and comfort levels. If you install a more efficient system without replacing the ducts, you may not see much improvement in airflow or efficiency which means that your investment will be less effective. With proper insulation and new high-quality HVAC systems, your home can become more comfortable and energy efficient by keeping conditioned air where it belongs: inside your house!
C. When should you consider replacement?
If any components of your existing heating or cooling system need to be replaced then now is a good time to consider duct replacement. If you are building a new home then it is recommended that you install new, high-quality HVAC equipment and full length insulated ducts for the best possible level of performance and efficiency.
D. Benefits of Air Duct Replacement
- Replace damaged or missing parts of your existing system with durable materials like metal alloys which provide long-term durability and strength.
- Ensure optimal performance by installing an air purifier to capture contaminants that affect the overall indoor air quality of your home.
- Upgrade to more energy efficient systems with lower operating costs, longer lasting components and quieter operation. There is also the added benefit of increased comfort levels due to higher airflow rates throughout your home resulting in stable temperatures throughout rooms/zones.
- Increase the efficiency, comfort and performance levels of your home by updating all components to high-efficiency models including the furnace, air conditioner, thermostat and humidifier/dehumidifier.
- Ensure there is no leakage by replacing old, leaky ducts with new high-quality ducts that seal around wires and won’t sag or collapse.
- Reduce your carbon footprint by choosing a more sustainable heating and cooling system that uses renewable resources from the Earth instead of non-renewable sources like fuels found in nature.
- Experience the comfort and health benefits of a living space with purified air.
E. What are the benefits of clean, well-insulated ducts?
Clean, well-insulated ducts allow your HVAC equipment to work more efficiently. This translates into lower energy bills and a quieter, more comfortable home for you and your family. The amount of insulation in your existing system also affects how effective it will be at keeping conditioned air contained in your home instead of leaking outside through gaps, holes or poorly connected ductwork that allows warm/cool air to leak out of your home which means money down the drain!